Vakrangee emerges winner at ESG India Leadership Awards 2021
Stock climbs 3% Vakrangee has a robust Data security program which has been designed and implemented, throughout the organization and our proprietary VKMS platform for our franchisees, in an effort to address the security and compliance requirements of data related to all our stakeholders. We have a robust privacy governance model and a Data privacy program implemented with strong senior management, business / process owners and other key stakeholders support,” company added.Read more
Infosys, Hindustan Zinc win big at ESG India Leadership Awards
• Infosys Limited not only won the Overall ESG Leadership award, it was also crowned winner in Leadership in Equal Opportunities category.
• Hindustan Zinc Limited was declared Environment leader for initiatives in reducing carbon footprint, managing waste effectively, minimising air pollution and managing environmental impact.
• Among others, Axis Bank scored the most on Social Impact. It stood out in community services, product quality and safety, employee development and data privacy.
• Godrej Consumer Products Limited was crowned champion for strong Governance practices.
• Blue Star Limited won the award in Board Diversity.
• Mindtree won the leadership award in Board Independence.
• Vedanta Limited won the Waste Management award and ACC Limited emerged winner in the Water Efficiency category.
• NTPC Limited demonstrated excellent practices in monitoring air pollutant emissions to win the award in the Air Pollution Management category.Read more
Does your cryptocurrency investment fulfil ESG criteria?
By one estimation from the Cambridge Bitcoin Electricity Consumption Index, the annual power consumption by Bitcoin miners in 2019 was close to that of a small country like the Netherlands. It’s almost certain you’ve come across this fact on the internet as a criticism of Bitcoin. But this does not paint the complete picture. Yes, bitcoin consumes a fair amount of energy. However, what’s not being said is that bitcoin is as green as its energy source. Just like Electric vehicles, bitcoin too can be mined using 100% non-fossil fuel-based energy. A recent study from the Bitcoin Mining Council shows that 56% of the energy used in global bitcoin mining is from renewable sources. Read more
Dimensional Launches 3 ESG Portfolio
Dimensional Fund Advisors has announced the establishment of three different managed accounts for environmental, social, and governance (ESG) model portfolios (SMAs). The portfolios have a “dual purpose,” according to Dimensional, of delivering meaningful environmental and social effects while beating benchmarks. “In Australia, a growing number of investors seek to invest sustainably without sacrificing strong investment returns or cutting costs,” said Glenn Crane, Dimensional’s Australian CEO. Gambling, cigarettes, child labour, nuclear weapons, and industrial farming are some of the social issues that have been targeted, as well as robust governance control. “Our goal is to focus on specific sustainability issues. Read more