ESG Research Foundation (ERF) is a not-for-profit organization registered as per Section-8 of Companies Act, 2013 under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt. of India. It was incorporated in 2021 and is working with the objective of increasing awareness and adoption of the growing importance of the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) aspects of the business operations, both within public and private sector. Its Corporate Office is located at C – 9, Sushant Lok Phase I, Sector 43 Gurgaon, Haryana-122002
Purpose of the Policy
This policy is published in compliance with the Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (IT Act), Rule 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 and Rule 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021 or any other applicable law.
Information Gathering and Use
User Information as defined herein is stored and retained by the ESG Research Foundation. ERF may collect personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, physical address or telephone number, etc. If you purchase our Services, we will collect and store your billing and credit card information. ERF will not delete customer information for paying members. However, ERF reserves the right to delete customer information for members with a free account status at any time. Information about your computer hardware and software also may be automatically collected by ERF. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by ERF for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Services. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through the Services, this information may be collected and used by others. ERF encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from the Application so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. ERF is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the websites we operate.
Use of your Personal Information ERF collects and uses your personal information to operate the Application and deliver the Services you have requested. ERF may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from ERF and its affiliates. ERF may also contact you to participate in surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
The ERF, may collect and retain certain user Information to study demographics of Users and to analyse usage of Applications by Users to help improve content and user experience on Applications; to provide services to the Users as and when they become available such as sending notifications to Users; to register Users on Company Applications and to enable Users to avail of certain services through as and when they become available; to develop an ontology for further contextualisation of search results on Company Applications, and to develop algorithms using machine learning techniques to improve contextualisation; to facilitate the use of Company Applications by Users in accordance with the Terms of Service. ERF does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
ERF may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party without your express consent. In addition, ERF may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, campaigning engagements, etc. and send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. ERF may share your information with third parties who perform tasks required to complete a purchase transaction. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these Services, and they are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of your information. ERF keeps track of the pages our customers visit within the Application in order to determine what Services are the most popular.
Information about our customers, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information could be transferred to third parties as one of ERF’ s business assets. In such an event, we will attempt to notify you before your personal information is transferred, but you may not have the right to opt out of any such transfer.
- ERF will not be responsible for any loss/liability arising out of disclosure of debit card/credit card or bank account details to any third-party payment gateway service provider by the Subscriber during the process of payment.
- The Subscriber shall be held solely responsible for the transaction executed. The Subscriber should not share the confidential information related to Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking / Cash Card with anyone. ERF will not be responsible for any misuse of the said information for fraudulent purposes. Also, ERF is not responsible for any storage of payment details of the Subscriber by the third-party payment gateway service provider.
- The online payment facility is dependent on the performance/speed of the Server and related IT infrastructure of the third-party payment gateway service provider and respective bank. ERF does not guarantee its server uptime and transaction success time.
- ERF shall not be responsible for the success or failure of the transaction. However, in case of double charge made due to technical problem/issue and such double charge received by ERF, ERF will refund to the extent of second repeated charge without interest or any other levy. In case such double payment is not received by ERF and retained/reversed by third party payment gateway service provider, ERF shall not be responsible for the same.
- In case there has to be a reversal of charges paid online, it would be entirely dependent on the third-party payment gateway service provider’s terms and conditions and ERF would not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any delay in reversal of the charges.
- The Subscriber should ensure that their account is adequately funded to ensure transaction success. Any charge/levy by the service provider/bank on account of unsuccessful transaction due to inadequate funds in the Subscriber’s account will be recoverable from the Subscriber.
- ERF will not, in any way, be responsible for any damage or loss caused to Subscriber as a result of financial transaction on the www.taxo.online website. ERF would also not be responsible or liable in any manner for fraudulent use/misuse of the Subscriber’s Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking/Cash Card by a third party. ERF would not be responsible or liable in any manner for any error or defects that may exist or for any costs, loss of profits or consequential losses that may arise from the Subscriber’s use of or inability to use, or success or failure, suspension or withdrawal, of all or part of the services at any time. ERF will not accept any liability or responsibility for loss of data or breach of confidentiality, or other consequences, howsoever occurring. However, ERF may assist the customer in recovering the amount, provided the above losses have been caused to the customer for reasons other than their own fraudulent act/mistake/misuse.
- All payments made shall be dependent on the terms and conditions of the third-party payment gateway service providers/banks. The Subscriber understands that by using this service, he explicitly agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of the third-party payment gateway service providers and the banks, and will not hold ERF responsible for any default in compliance of the same.
Security and Protection of your Personal Information
You are responsible for safeguarding and preventing unauthorized access to the user information and password that you use to access our Services. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party and you are responsible for any activity using your account, whether or not you authorized that activity. Please immediately notify ERF of any unauthorized use of your account.
ERF secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. In addition, ERF secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
External Web Services
- We use several external web services on our site to display content within our web pages. For example, to display video we use YouTube. As with the social buttons, we cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your use of the content we embed on our site.
We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise trigger across the Internet. AdWords remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on parts of our website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine. This cookie does not in anyway identify you or give access to your computer. Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you. If you do not wish to participate in our Google AdWords Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Policy is governed and operated in accordance with the laws of India. If any of the parties wish to seek legal recourse, they may do so by using the courts of law in Delhi only.
- Any User who has provided Information to ERF, may contact the Grievance Officer to have any discrepancies and grievances relating to the Information or the processing of the Information addressed.
- Any person who has concerns about the violation of any intellectual property right by in relation to any Content or has any other content-related concern may contact the Grievance Officer to have the concern addressed.